Moles, Mole Follow-Ups and Early Diagnosis of Skin Cancers
Dermotoscopy Early Diagnosis of Skin Cancer by Digital Dermoscopy ...Creating a Mole Map, which is a trustable method, and analyzing it, provides a chance to early diagnosis and treatment of malign melanoma.
- Every mole in the body is determined.
- A picture of every risky mole is taken.
- Photographs are kept in a computer.
- The last photo of your mole is compared to older pictures.
- A - Asymetry
- B - Border
- C - Color
- D - Diameter
- E - Elevation
- Color change
- Increase or decrease in size or thickness
- Changes of tissue around the mole (redness, whitening or swelling)
- If there is itching and pain
- A mole that bleeds
- Newly developed moles (in patients older than the age of 25
Beware the sun
There is an increase in melanoma incidence compared to past. Every year approximately 1 million patients are diagnosed skin tumor. 1 of every 100 skin cancer patients is a patient of malign melanoma. Although it is possible to cure a malign melanoma a hundred percent which is diagnosed in time, we lose young patients to this disease.
Thus too much sunbathe should be avoided and you should observe your skin closely.
A-B-C-D-E Score Method
ABCDE Score method helps diagnosing suspicious moles.
Moles which fit to at least one or more of these should be examined by your doctor.